A very Merry Christmas to you!
Something light for lunch today… and the necessity to use up some of the many zucchini’s growing in the back yard has produced this gorgeous something special for lunch today.
I planted a bunch of zucchini awhile back and was so surprised when they started growing very round and large instead of long and dark… it turns out these zucchini are Ronde de Nice – a French heirloom zucchini… The first couple we let grow to pumpkin size and soon discovered that they ended up hollowed inside and quite flavourless at this size. The best size to pick them at is around 10cm in diameter and they have an inside texture very similar to the long dark green zucchini.
I have turned these Ronde de Nice’s into a deliciously ‘nice’ ravioli – using up the remaining quick cheese from the other day.
They are actually quite perfect for a large Ravioli and I think look quite impressive – good enough to serve as an entrée at a restaurant 😉
1 Ronde De Nice Zucchini – sliced thinly
Olive oil, Italian dried herbs, garlic for basting
1/2 cup Quick Cheese
Squeeze of Lemon juice
1 Tsp garlic
1 chopped tomato
1. Mix quick cheese, 1/2 chopped tomato, garlic and lemon juice together to make the ravioli ‘meat’
2. Place 1/2 of the zucchini rounds onto dehydrator tray.
3. Place teaspoon size dollops of quick cheese mixture into centre of zucchini rounds.
4. Top zucchini rounds with remaining slices of zucchini.
5. Mix olive oil, garlic and Italian herbs together.
6. Baste Ravioli tops and sprinkle with remaining chopped tomato.
7. Place in dehydrator for 2 1/2 – 3 hrs at 118 degrees Fahrenheit- depends how soft you like your zucchini. I found the 3 hrs was best for my liking.
8. Serve and enjoy 1 or 2 or 3!
Have a wonderful festival holiday season and enjoy time with family and friends today.
Giving credit where credit is due…
This little baby is all my invention 🙂